Friday, June 5, 2009

A Fleece for Every Occasion

Today we had no truck at work, so I only worked three hours. I was kinda ticked off but I guess they could have sent us home after one or two hours, so better some work then none. I went to McDonald's and have brunch, two sausage biscuits with cheese and hash browns and a Dr. Pepper. I enjoyed eating slowly, taking my time since I had no where else to be. Then I just sat there, seeing the early morning sun, seeing the children eating with parents, and seeing the elderly population come out for brunch. As I was sitting there in the midst of my worry about bills and the future and trying to figure out and pray how God can and will use me, a strange peace came over time. I knew that the same God who made the sun that was coming up would be there for me, the same God who has been with me through my struggles the last year will continue to be with me, the God who I cannot always feel truly does care for me and provides for me... What I need to remember is to keep that mindset through the good and bad, no matter what comes my way. I need to learn to be more like Job in that way… trusting God more, I need to be less like Jonah running, and less like Gideon laying down the fleece and more like Paul suffering for Christ no matter his current state.


Sure we want a fleece for every occasion, a magic eight ball to answer all our spiritual questions, all of our life decisions would be so simple; however, there would be no work, no hardship, basically no need to trust or have faith. And perhaps we would stop trusting God and Jesus Christ and would put our faith toward a thing, an idol, something we believe that gave us direction but in the end will wither away like everything else. May God and Christ Jesus be glorified in all times, in all circumstances, forever and ever...

~ Daniel

http://www.ridgeway-church.org.uk/images/cartoons/fleece.JPG

Other Info on Gideon and the Fleece::
Short: http://www.gospelweb.net/YouthItems/gideonandthefleece.htm
Deeper/More In-Depth: http://www.growingchristians.org/dfgc/fleeces.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment