Sunday, March 27, 2016

Resurrect Me (Easter Sunday Poem)

Resurrect Your Love,
Your Life in me.

From the depths of sin and shame,
From chaos and disorder,
Resurrect me.

As You rose to new life,
Death could not hold You,
So help me rise from the ashes,
The remnants of my life lived without You.

Resurrect me,
From all the things to which I run toward,
Those idols I put before You,
The life I wanted and desired,
The love I hungered or still hunger for,
Any amount of wealth or security I put before You,
All my possessions that take my eyes,
Take my thoughts from You.

Resurrect me,
When I seek to glorify myself,
Myself more than You.

Resurrect me,
From my selfish ways,
That led me far from You,
The lies that I thought were true,
The lies that kept me bound,
That kept me far from You,
My first love.

Jesus, my Lord,
Resurrect me today.

A-men

~ Daniel Brockhan

From:
http://daniel-brockhan-poetry.blogspot.com/2016/03/resurrect-me-easter-sunday-poem.html

View more Poetry:
http://daniel-brockhan-poetry.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Good words brother. Resurrection means nothing, no one, I am not too far gone.

    ReplyDelete