Saturday, June 23, 2007

Spiritually Dry

I guess what is really bothering me right now is the fact that I have not been spending time with God lately. Like I have been feeling so spiritually "dry" this summer but have still not really done anything about it. why not? I do not know, I guess it is selfish nature to desire what I want over what I know I should be doing or what God desires of me. I seriously want to become and be a man of God and yet I find myself far from that image God has given me simply because manytimes i refuse to follow him; sometimes in the little things and every now and then in the bigger things. Urg, what makes us sacrifice God for self when we should be sacrificing self for God, giving him glory and being a true example and light to this world. I pray for myself and for others out there who are feeling spiritually dry to drink deep from the well of God and once again gain that passion for obedience, servant-hood, and sacrifice of self for the larger purpose(s) of God and his kingdom.

Your Brother in Christ,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment