Thursday, November 14, 2013

Celebrating 100 Pounds Lost: Part 3


Part 1: Here
Part 2: Here
Part Three
Admittedly, since I started this three-part series I have stayed around 225. Some of it had to do with me being sick and I think some of it was being tired. Not giving into all those cravings and exercising so much does start to take its toll on your body. I was also reading online that at certain weights your body will plateau, but this is also your body adjusting to a new weight. You will not be forever stuck.

Still, I have been working out most weeks at least three times the last month, except this week because I pulled my shoulder/upper back. I also have to come clean and admit I had pizza last night. I gave in but today for lunch I just had some oatmeal and a Slim-fast. I guess that is the way it works, when you fall you cannot just see it as a complete failure, get depressed, and quit; but to always get back up again and try to do and be better. Then, over time you can do something quite insane sounding and lose one-hundred pounds. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around that number and the reality.

And I still have a ways to go....
So next week I am starting afresh, getting back on track.

My next goal weight is now 200!

Here is Part 3 of my video,
followed by my progression in food and exercise (for those who are interested).

Video: Part 3


Food Progression:
Original:
Sand-witches, Hot Pockets, Pop-Tarts, Chips, Whole Milk, Soda (Twice a Day).

First Progression:
Lean Pockets, Wheat Bread, 2% Milk, Soda (Once a day)

Second Progression:
Frozen Processed Chicken, Grain/Flat Bread, No Chips
Pinto Beans, Peas
Processed (Sliced Cheese) to Block Cheese
Eating Apples and Bananas.
Slim-fast (Weight Loss Shake)

Third Progression:
Baked Chicken/Lean Ground Beef
No Bread, No Milk/Cheese
Light Yogurt, Green Beans, Soda (Once a week)
Slim-fast (Weight Loss Shake)
Fruit Smoothies (Orange; Strawberry). - Can Add Kale
Cooking my own Soups and Chili's (Lean or No Meat). - Can Add Kale

Current Snacks:
Light Yogurt
Saltine Crackers
Pretzel Sticks
Apples
Bananas
Raisins (Regular and Yogurt Covered)
Peanuts (Sometimes Cashews)
Cinnamon and Peppermint Hard Candy

Exercise Progression:
Original:
None/Minimal Racquetball

First Progression:
2 Days a Week Cardio for 30 Minutes
Treadmill

Second Progression:
3 Days a Week Cardio for 45 Minutes
Treadmill

Third Progression:
4 Days a Week Cardio for 1 Hours
    *Treadmill & Racquetball

Fourth Progression:
4 Days a Week Cardio for 1.5-2 Hours
    *1 of 4 Days do strength training, included in overall time

Fifth Progression (Drastic Change in Diet to include Fruit/Veggies):
4 Days a week working out for 1-1.5 hours
    *2 Days Cardio (Elliptical - one hour)
    *2 Days Strength (Set, 30 minutes on Rower, Set, 30 Minutes on Rower, Final set)

Hope this helps!
Keep trying to be healthy!
Never give up!

The journey continues...

~ Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment